Monday, September 29, 2008

Being Nice is Hard...

Its hard to fathom that I live in a world (or city), where being nice, courteous or gentlemen-like is looked upon as weird or creepy by some.

I mean, it's not hard so why can't people just say "what's up?" or "nice to meet you" to someone you're not familiar with once acquainted within eye length.

Some people just look at you (and I know alot of people feel that having someone look at you should be given permission); if you look at me and I don't know you, I will say "hello" to you or expect you to do just the same. I mean if we don't, it's cool, no worries. Just don't make me regret saying "hi" by having you act rude.

I mean, I would understand if you KNOW the person, and refuse to acknowledge them because you KNOW they're a creep. I'm totally with that.

I'd just rather have someone not look at me weird for being friendly mainly most you high school kids you have no real world experience. This is why Rockiedee is so lame. And for all those people who've said "hi's" and "bye's" or even just talk without a real intro, you's cool in my book.

I just don't get what's so wrong with saying "hello, nice to meet you." Or for just being nice for that matter. We live in an internet world, where people are just turned off by that. Maybe I'm just too old school, maybe it's just me, but I just think its kinda sad.

3 Comments:

At October 3, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hala maka sunggo mn ni rock.. hehehe.. bitaw ur right... ana pod bya ko panagsa.. kapoi pod tagad pngsa oi nga dli jud k gnhan or la ka s mood naa pod tlgsa nga dli jud nimu feel.. nganu gud pugson oi.. nyahahaha.. be urself lng gud ta noh??? hehehe

 
At October 6, 2008 at 8:28 AM , Blogger rockiedee said...

hehehe... naka-ingles lage nuon ko... toink...

mura man pud gud ta ug showbiz.. sometimes, maglisud pud gani ko ug buyag ning mga buluyagun kay lage listeners man sila and they deserve to be treated nice. mao nga ako tawun, pugung lang jud... pero deep inside lami na kaayo mukumot ug nawong...

 
At October 29, 2008 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems from my point of view that that those with less willpower or intelligence use other methods to gain acceptance and respect from their peers. its very easy to be discourteous, and putting others down does unfortunately elevate the aggressor. perhaps our early tribal mechanics have remained very active in our daily lives, and strength is measured not in accomplishment or intelligence, but in superiority. while i frown on such a foundation for social interaction, i cannot argue against its effectiveness. as the saying goes, "nice guys finish last". on an instinctual level its understandable, though in todays world where our minds far outweigh our brawn, its a constant reminder that despite our unfathomable advances, we are still the same humans who once lived in caves, killed our competition, and raped in order to reproduce. while crude, its important to remember where we came from, so as to better define where we strive to be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home