Wednesday, December 10, 2008

To be rejected or not to be... The story of my life.

To be rejected or not to be...

The story of my life...

I have been rejected several times. In work, and especially in LOVE. But it's really how I've learned to be stronger by first taking time to just feel bad about it and then looking back, I can then reflect on it and then move forward.

Rejection can be funny... If you're able to laugh at yourself, then do it! Ohh yeah, I've been able to do that for the most part. I guess it's part of my coping mechanism... to LAUGH AT ME BEING REJECTED and laugh at someone getting rejected.

But honestly, I've also realized that I can't just sweat the small stuff eventhough it may not feel so small at the time. I can remember quite a few times that I've experienced that rude awakening and I've taken it to heart or that it hurts so bad, it seeps down to my core and it takes awhile for me to recover. I think the bigger lesson or challenge rather is that you don't let that rejection define your sense of self. It's a lot easier said than done, especially when you want something so bad and you think that whatever is meant for you to hve fits perfectly. But I've realized that there's something more valuable to learn when you don't get the job, LOVER, prize etc etc...

How you process that rejection, speaks a lot about your character. If you give up for instance, then maybe you weren't that passionate about it in the first place.

I'm guilty of rejecting as well, I've been rejected and done unto others. I'm not necessarily someone who is able to reject someone cold and it doesn't make me feel good afterwards. I think just being honest with consideration of the person's feelings is usually the best approach. Another component to rejection is the FEAR of it. A lot of times I've refrained from letting someone know how I truly felt about them and sometimes it worked in my favor, when it comes to the right timing. At other time's it felt like I let the fear get in the way of something that could have been a great possibility. You just never know.

I try to follow my intuition the best I can, but sometimes my doubts/fears get in the way of actually listening. In the world of dating, I think it's so apparent that being the reject or the rejector is sometimes the game people play.

I remember going on this date and I had no idea if the girl was into me or not. There was no indication whatsoever throughout the day we spent together. I admit I am guilty of not letting someone know off handedly how I feel, but I'm better at reciprocating. It's definitely that security thing, I'm used to know first if the person likes me first. But I think that's why I was taken so offguard. It's like we were both playing that same game... of protecting our ego's...

Well, to continue the story of my "DATE", she texted me letting me know that she had a great time and that she had something to confess to me. Basically she had a little thing for me. But I had NO idea... and I just wasn't interested. So I guess I ended up being the rejector but for good reason. I texted her back letting her know I didn't think there was any chemistry. But I was so turned off by her instant need to indulge herself. I always get surprised when I meet people like that, But i couldn't stop thinking that I was just wasting my time listening to this fool talk about herself for hours. The whole time she was oblivious to my "Why am I even with you?" face as I was listening to her babble. Anyway, what was more interesting was that I couldn't tell that she liked me at all. The only indication I could think of was when she hugged me as she greeted me, but we were kind of "friends" so that didn't come off as anything. But even if were both playing with the same game, at least nobody get's hurt in the end, its just that we haven't tried to feel the LOVE.

People are really afraid of being rejected. Who's not? But I mean we should feel being rejected inorder for us to learn how to grow and think maturely.

6 Comments:

At December 10, 2008 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

being rejected depends how you approach to something or to someone, well atleast to me does

 
At December 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM , Blogger rockiedee said...

it does help when someone rejected you.. this only means nobody's perfect... at least kung ma-reject man galing, mabal-an dayun natu nga duna pa tay mga butang nga angay natung i-change...

 
At December 10, 2008 at 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

rejection....hmm being rejected is one of the thing or situation that sometimes, is so hard to compose ..but having a hard compositon wil lead us sometms in the ryt path but sad to say that many times rejection embrace us tight and the more we rejected the most we reject..but will let just bear in mind that who sows the wind reap the whirlwind.

 
At December 13, 2008 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Fem said...

Sometimes rejection is good for people. Don't take it has a downfall but a journey of life. I've been rejected couple of times and I would always wonder why. Then I start to realized that yeah "hindi pala kami bagay" becuase of this and that. And rejecting others is okay din. Even though, some people don't know how to take rejection but they will eventually get over it. It's better off to let them know that you are not interested so you don't waste their time and viceversa.

I can go on and on but I'll ended here. hehehe. *muah*

don't worry KUYA..i won't reject you.. char!!! lol.

 
At December 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM , Blogger rockiedee said...

wont reject nga pero naa may "KUYA" hehehe

 
At December 14, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Fem said...

hehe syempre kuwari Kuya Kuyahay hehehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home