Saturday, October 25, 2008

IT'S A MATTER OF RESPECT

It's really hard to please everybody. In my life, I have never been a good guy, never been a nice guy and up until now, I'm still learning and trying to be nice.

I did what I could so people could appreciate and see that I am really trying my best to be the nicest person on earth. But it's hard, really hard.

On the process, there's this "crab mentality" that Filipino's are known for. You wanna show them the best that you could, but still people try to pull you down.

This is my dilemma nowadays. In radio, just like any other public personality, we try to reach out to our listeners as much as we could. We show to them how nice we are, how accommodating we are. Because in our job, our listeners are our priority.

And that's what I did. I even gave my personal number to my listeners so they could text me whenever they want. Some were even grateful having my number. And it's nice to see their warm smile and their happy faces. Texting over our txtjock is kinda expensive, reason I gave out my number. My friends would tell me I'm crazy in giving my personal number on-air. They said that "if you decided to give away your number, you should at least be ready for the consequences." And I guess they're right.

Meron ngang mga taong sobra kung umasta. Na akala nila sa lahat ng pagkakataon pwede kang i-text at para bang hawak na nila ang buhay ko. But it's not right anymore. Texting should be done sa tamang lugar at tamang pagkakataon. Send out messages that are relevant. That's why texting is here. Giving us an easy access of communication.

Last night, this number (0907-784-7139) has been bugging me. I was on my bed sleeping pero eto siya laging nagmimiskol. You see, I couldn't just put my phone off because I might be getting an important message or an emergency call from someone who's close to me. So what I did, was to asked what she wants and why she's calling me. And I told her to not disturb me kasi gabi na and it's NOT APPRORIATE na rin to keep on miscalling someone who might be sleeping or who might be resting. And I got a reply that says, "WHO ARE YOU?"

Putcha!! Nag-init ang ulo ko preng. Hindi naman sa nagalit ako dahil hindi niya ako kilala, nagalit lang ako dahil misscall siya ng misscall tapos gusto lang palang manggulo. Napa-putah ako sa kanya. Kasi nagigising ako sa tuwing nagmimiskol siya. And pag naiistorbo ang tulog ko, sobrang nag-iinit ang ulo ko dahil hindi ako yung taong mabilis makatulog uli.Mahaba-habang oras na naman ang pag-iikot ikot ko sa bed para makatulog. Kaya tuloy napa-away ako. I shouldn't stoop down to their level (don't get me wrong, hindi ako mayabang). Pero naman, sana respeto... Nung inaway ko na siya, nagtext siya ng pagkarami-rami. Inaway niya rin ako, pero hindi ko na siya pinansin. Di ko na siya nireplyan.

This morning, di siya tumigil. I received around 34 messages na siyang nagpapuno sa "INBOX" ng phone ko aside from the quotations that I saved coming from my friends. Tuloy pa rin ang away niya sa akin. Pero di ko pa rin siya pinansin. And since nasira na rin ang morning ko, tinapon ko na yung sim na gamit ko. For me, I shouldn't be wasting my time to this kind of attitude. OO, sobrang nag-init ang ulo ko. Nanginginig ang katawan na para bang gusto ko siya patayin ng dahan-dahan habang nakikita ko siyang nagmamakaawa. Pero instead of fighting back I decided not to. Iba level ng pag-uutak niya at iba rin ang pinag-aralan niya. And that's what she is. I guess this is the perfect time for me to change myself as being a "trying-to-be-a-nice-guy" to somewhat a PRIVATE person.

So from now on, I am not gonna be using my OLD NUMBER (0920-218-0156) anymore. I am going to use my post paid number from SMART and GLOBE. And from now on, I WILL NEVER GIVE AWAY MY PERSONAL NUMBER. You see, I tried my best to reach out pero nawala na yung respeto dun. I am NOT gonna try showing to the world that I'm nice. What you will get and see from now on is the REAL ME.

So, if you wanna send out your shout-outs, send it to 229902 and it costs P2.50 per message. Mas mahal kesa sa pagtext sana sa number ko na mura, higit na mas mura at agad ko pang nababasa.

So the next time someone gave out their number, TRY TO GIVE THAT PERSON A LEVEL OF RESPECT... and be THANKFUL!

5 Comments:

At October 25, 2008 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Davamerce said...

Hello rockiedee!dili lang ikaw ang nabiktima ug ingon ana,pati pud ako.
sama sa imong gibuhat,gipamalikasan pud na ko,tungod sa akong kalagot.
unya,kabalo ka,tungod man gud na sa dili safety nga pamaagi sa pagpamaligya sa sim.
pagpalit pa lang nimo sa imong sim card,pwede gud nimo pilion imong number,buot pasabot...bag-o naabot sa atoa,daghan na kaayo nakabalo ana.
anyway,kung unsa man ang imong na-experience kagabii,palabya na to...kay magsakit ra ang imong dughan,unya katong nagbinuang sa imo,makatawa lang to,kay apektado ka sa iyang gibuhat.

God Bless You always!!!

 
At October 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Davamerce said...

Nakadungog na jud ko ganina sa imong programa,kay sayo man ko mimata.
pero nakapaminaw lagi pud ko,after sa akong walking.

 
At October 27, 2008 at 8:53 AM , Blogger rockiedee said...

Hi merce,

Salamat sa always nga pagduaw.. grabe lain ang akuang gibati karun oie.. Murag katumbahon ko... Nibalik na sab ang akuang ubo ug kalintura..

But anyway, about sa mga gasurang-surang naku, awww bahala na gud sila kung mao ila gusto... Di pud ko paapekto nila... Bahala sila kung mao ila buhat... Kabawu ko nga katung nagabinuang naku, kaila ra pud naku or mga taong maoy ampay, ang makita ang usa ka tawo nga masuko...

Salamat diay sa pagpaminaw... Toink.. Maulaw man sab ko ani oie.. hehehe

 
At October 27, 2008 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Davamerce said...

Ngek...kalingaw ah...

Bitaw uy,mibalik na sab ang imong ubo,hubakon siguro ka,mao nga nagabalik-balik na.
lain na pud bitaw ang panahon karon,mao nga naapektuhan ka.
anyway,nangita na ug tig-masahe,kanang permanente.
kanang pareho nako nga kabalo muhilot,kung magsakit ang bana.charing....

 
At November 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i guess, what u can do is to have a separate number intended for your listeners so dey can still tx u especially when ur on-air, and den u can simply turn it off at night when u dont want 2 be disturbed. and u can have another number intended solely for your personal friends, family, etc. that u can use anytime of d day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home