Friday, January 9, 2009

HAPPINESS... da second taym arawnd...

This is going to be my second blog about happiness...

I was browsing the net, and for some weird reason (and out of the blue), I asked myself: "What is true happiness?"


I don't know how or why that came up. But as soon as my mind started to ponder the question more, the more it drifted into analyzing what exactly true happiness is.

I think there is a big difference between saying, "I'm happy," and "I have found happiness." I could say that, "I am happy," when I find out good news; when I buy myself something I really like, etc. For some reason, "happy," for me, is reserved to every-day sources of joy.

But "happiness," in my opinion is much more than that.

Everyone has their own definition of what happiness is. And everyone derives happiness out of different things and aspects of life. Some find true happiness in their religion (definitely not me). Some derive true happiness in their careers. Others find it in material things (DEFINITELY not me). For me, I feel that what would give me that sense of ecstasy in life would be in having wonderful relationships with those people in my life whom I consider important.

I've often stopped and thought about what exactly it is that would drive me up in the morning, give me a sense of being in sunshine even on cloudy days, and what it is that would allow me to breathe in air and be thankful to be alive. And that is having a good relationship with my parents, having a great and loving partner, and great friends to back that up.

Very rarely I vividly dream that I have this, and when I do, I feel a sense of bliss. A feeling that, that is what makes life worth living, and an outlook that not even a lack of material luxuries can bring down.

This is what I feel would give me happiness. And not temporary. But lasting (granted, as long as this "dream" exists). Of course, that is assuming that everything else in my life were constant, and my basic human needs were met. I don't need to live in an expensive house, own top-designer clothes, and be extremely popular. That is nothing in comparison to the great joy I would derive out of life if I had those three elements of happiness.

But few people, in my opinion can say that they have found true happiness. Those that have, I hope that they live in it, enjoy it, and let it fill everyone of their days with a sense of purpose.

To those who haven't found it, I hope that we are close to having it one day. I dont' even come an ounce close to my definition of true happiness, but that is out of my control.

Can true happiness ever be found? And have you thought about what it is in life that would make YOU happy? You don't have to answer. But next time you're out and about, think about it. Questions, questions, that is one of the constants in life, hehe.

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Fem said...

I stop giving up in Happiness. I learn to appreciate what I have, and the people who are around that will always be there for me. I believe that is part of my happiness. For some odd reason, when everything seems so right and makes you happy - a negative energy comes along ang shuts it all down. That's my thinking and I'm always curious why. But as for you BOY - wish you all the happiness, be positive in everthing you do and hang in there.

 
At January 17, 2009 at 6:12 AM , Blogger rockiedee said...

ouch!! im starting to feel the happiness fem... this is it!!

hahaha... see? im happy now...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home