Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WHY AM I STILL SINGLE?

I've been receiving and hearing questions like that up until now... Why am i still single at my age?

Well, i have to face the fact that im not getting any younger. I'm 30, and yet, im still single. I don't want to say that i'm a "hater" coz im not. I know people are questioning about my sexual preference. Am I into same sex or into opposite sex?

Up until now, im still having problems with my family. You see, i didnt grew up with a golden spoon in my mouth or having owned hectares of land. Wasn't lucky enough to be born with getting things that i want when i want it.

I grew up in a small town named Pikit, in North Cotabato. I'm sure most of you heard bout what and how people lived there. There maybe a few who's been blessed with an abundant life but for us and the rest, never had it.

My mom is a former elementary teacher and papang, up to the time of his death, only depends on his mom, my Lola Miyaning. I lived and grew up in a simple way of living. I guess it's always "bad luck" that came our way. There've been a chance for my dad to go to the states but the offer was rejected. I realized, oh i guess my dad doesn't want to accept it because he just simply can't leave us. So, here we are... Still trying our best to live a simple yet descent life.

Now, all of us are here in Davao, living separately. Mom, had an early retirement, my two sisters got married at an early age. The other sis, she's lucky coz she's back to school. Finishing up nursing. Of course, im not longing for any help from her coz from the very beginning, her's is a different plight. And i hate to depend on her. The other sister, never had a good husband. She doesn't even know who's the father of her first child. Now, she's into another relationship but with a married man. She has 3 kids all in all.

None of us got a chance to finish our course in College. My older brother (the eldest) wasnt able to finish his BS in Electrical Engineering Course. And i guess, he's living in misery in the province having a family of his own. Got two kids and never had a regular job.

Im the youngest in the family. And i have to be honest with you, me and the rest of the siblings aren't really close. Im still single... Yeah i am, coz it's my choice. I just can't afford getting married when my niece's aren't living comfortably. And since im the only one who remained single, it is my choice to help them by all means.

No, im not their hero. It is just part of my obligation.

I know, time will come i'll soon settle down. Just waiting for the right time.

That's the reason why im still single.

6 Comments:

At September 30, 2007 at 3:27 AM , Blogger Cat (Gladys Tordil) said...

Nah, you're following your uncles' footsteps gyud, Dong.... another Mr. Bacar in the making ka ana, and I don't mean that in a bad way ha? Ingon ana man gud tung mga uncles nimo, their lives revolved around their pamangkins which included YOU! Adah, ug saan gud ka masaya, dinha ka!

 
At September 30, 2007 at 9:11 AM , Blogger mitmit said...

Malipayon man kaha nga sa imong pagkasingle....kaysa double ka nga nag antus! diba?

 
At October 1, 2007 at 11:01 AM , Blogger anakni nana said...

Migo kaau nako imong Titi Madeo S og Uncle Totong B. Mga wrangler na baya tu sila naminyo (at least in the case of Madeo and Fely when they got married). Your Uncle Totong used to frequent sa amo walay (atbang ra gud sa imong Lola M) kay ka-jamming man tu namo og Bee Gees tunes then klasmit pa jud namo og tennis sa plaza. Wla lang ko ka hearing kinsa ang napangasawa ni Totong.

 
At October 1, 2007 at 11:06 AM , Blogger rockiedee said...

awww.. si ankol totong iya asawa taga basilan, teacher.. duna silay 3 ka anak... puro na pud minyo...

tiguwang na si ankol totong... cge i-regards lang tka kung makauli ko sa pikit... naa ka sa pikit karon?

 
At October 1, 2007 at 11:14 AM , Blogger anakni nana said...

Rock-

Close friends and neighbors baya imong anhing Lola M og akong Mama sauna.....klasmits sa US veterans claims. Sayang bitaw jud kaau nga wla lakawa sa imong papa og uncle Nardo ilang mga papeles para mahimong US citizen kay anak tu sila og World War 11 veterans (USAFFE).

 
At October 1, 2007 at 4:20 PM , Blogger rockiedee said...

sayang bitaw to ai... dili man gud sila interesado sa pag-abroad..

ikaw? asa na ka karon sa states na pud ka?

unsa name nimu kay ingnun naku sila ankol nardo... si papang rogelio patay na man.. si ankol nardo na lang ang nabilin...

maayo pa ka diha kay okey na imu life...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home