Sunday, February 17, 2008

DONT USE me again...!!

Pardon me for being so biased, but i have to post this so as to express my Support to the sitting President..

I know a lot of people have been disappointed by whats been going on... Just like you, i also want to know the truth... The truth about certain allegations, if there's truth behind it or it is just part of the entertainment inside the world of politics...

I have to be honest, but im finding it hard to trust our leaders these days... Some maybe a good friend today, but turns out to be an enemy tomorrow. And because of that, i lose interests in believing what they say... Even if i feel like there's a truth behind a certain thing, still i have doubts...

I guess you feel the same way too... Nararamdaman kong pinaglalaruan lang tayo nitong mga pulitikong ito...

No matter what, im still supporting President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo... I know that she's been working so hard to get the philippines into the right track and that is to improve our economy... We may not feel it now because of the bickerings inside politics but sooner or later im sure we'll reap the sweetness of it...

I'd still support the President because i know she's doing great in her job...

Just last Friday, some senators, congressmen, businessmen, media people, leftists and all bleeding hearts out there called for the president to step down and asked the people to join them...

This is the only thing that i coul tell YOU!! I am not allowing myself to be used by SELFISH and ARROGANT so called LEADERS like YOU!!!

So why is De Venecia calling for a moral recovery in the government JUST NOW? After He was ousted speaker of the house? I'll call it BITTERNESS!!! I'm sure, just like anyone else out there, some of these leaders also wanted to grab a portion of that kickbacks and that is for their OWN INTERESTS!!

" I am angry. And I know that there are many out there who are angrier than I am for the same reason. And that reason is simple. I am sick and tired of all you guys claiming to speak for me and many Filipinos. I feel like screaming every time you mouth words about fighting my freedom and my rights, when you obviously are just thinking about yours. You tell me that the essence of democracy is providing every citizen the right to speak his or her mind and make his or her own informed judgements, but you yourselves do not respect my silence and the choices I and many others have made.

" In other words, your concept of democracy is limited to having your rights and freedoms respected, at the expense of ours. I am utterly flabbergated that you still do not get it: we already responded to your calls, and our response has been very clear - we chose not to heed your calls to go to EDSA or to FORT BONIFACIO not because we dont love our country or our freedoms or our rights, but precisely because we love our country even more. Because quited frankly, we are prepared to lose our freedoms and our rights just to move this country forward. You may counter with your ideological propaganda and give me all the dire warnings about the evils of Martial Law, authoritarian rule, suppression of freedom, etc., but quite frankly all we see is your pathetic efforts to defend your right to continue fulminating, filibustering, and sabotaging this country until you wrestle power yourselves. You tell me that you are simply protecting any freedoms and my rights, but who told you to do that? I assure you that when I feel that my rights and my freedoms are at a peril, I will stand up and fight for them myself. I have done that in the past, and I will do it again when I SEE THE NEED FOR IT, not when you tell me to do it.

"You tell us that GMA is not the right person to lead this country because she has done immoral acts. As someone who sees immorality being committed wantonly in many ways everyday and by every one (yes, including the ones you do), I may have become jaded. I may have lowered my standards about what a leader should be. Guess what, Tita Cory, you lowered it yourself. When i accepted your incompetence and fought for you during the many attempts against your government, I already lowered the standards to ridiculous levels. Guess what Senators and Congressmen, you lowered it yourselves when you ran for office and won and now make fools of yourselves in the august halls of congress.

"But the simple truth that you try to obfuscate is this; you have not been able to offer me any viable alternative! On the other hand, GMA has bent over backwards amny times to accomodate you while continuing to work hard despite all the obstacles and the brickbats you have thrown her way.

"From where I sit, she is the one who has been working really hard to move this country forward while all of you have been so busy with one and only one thing: to make sure she does not succeed. So forgive me if I do not want to join you in your moral pissing contest. Forgive me if I have chosen to see things from another perspective. You say she is the problem. I say, we are - all of us is the problem; more to the point, I think you are a bigger problem than she is. Taking her out may solve part of the problem, but that leaves us with a bigger problem; YOU. That is right, YOU!

"While I felt outraged that she called a Comelec official during the elections and that she may have rigged the elections, I have since then taken the higher moral ground and forgiven her. Yes my dear bishops, I have done what you have told me to do since I was a child, which you say is the Christian and moral thing to do: FORGIVE. Especially since she has asked for forgiveness and has tried to make amends for it. ERAP certainly has not apologized and continues to be defiant, continuing to insult us everyday with his protestations - and he is part your cause now! Cory has not apologized for her incompetence but we have forgiven her just the same because like GMA, she has worked hard after all.

Through this, I as a citizen of this free nation would still continue supporting the working president.. GLORIA MACAPAGAL ARROYO!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here...kaya pinipili ko na lang manood ng movies kaysa sa mga newscasts...

 
At February 18, 2008 at 5:31 PM , Blogger rockiedee said...

yeah me too!! nakakainis na ang mga news reports na instead of reporting the good one's na nangyayari ginagatungan pa..!!

naintindihan ko ang ibang mga media organizations, kasi nga naman pag mas brutal at maka-oposisyon ang iyong pagbabalita definitely you'll get more viewers...

tingnan mo ang ABS, noon tinitira nila sa Pres Erap, what happened to them, bumaba ang ratings sila dahil galit ang masa sa kanila... NOw, alam nilang maraming masa ang oposisyon kaya sinasakyan nila...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home