Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A GLIMPSE OF THE PARADISE CALLED CAMUDMOD

Across the Island you will see it’s white sand. People talk good things about the places they visit. Yeah yeah and more yeah… I heard too much already. I think it’s time for me to feel the comfort and taste the glory of the island called IGACOS.



Situated right in front of Sasa Wharf, is the IGACOS or the Island Garden City of Samal. And I’m sure you’ve heard about this place before. But, have you been there lately?

It’s been quite a long time that I’ve been wanting to go to Samal Island. I always wanted to visit those famous white sand beaches. I know that it’s going to be very hard for a regular employee like me to spend my getaway there, so I just took advantage of the company’s outing.



From the day I heard about going to Samal Island, I already made plans that I should/will make that visit one of the most memorable one. And here we go again… Excitement runs into my veins.

Honestly, I’ve never been to those beautiful white sandy beaches in Samal. The last visit I had in the island was during my College Days. We went to Paradise Island Beach Resort. The resort was great but not that superb during that time. (I don’t know how the resort looks now)

April 20 Sunday, the staff of Love Radio Davao were jampacked riding the station’s 4W truck. Girls were ready as always. It’s just like the good ol’ days. “Hmm, I remember what happened during our first visit to camiguin. All of us were so excited that we even bought things that would be needed in the beach. But all of us were so disappointed. Ah oh, flashing back bad memories.”

Anyway, going back to our visit to the island, it was really fun coz all of us were riding altogether. I guess we were the noisiest travelers that time. People were looking at us not because we were riding the stations 4W truck with the stations LOGO on it but because of our noise. We were making fun of each other. Geez, it’s always our team’s trademark.

The travel from the Davao port going to Samal Island port takes only around 15 minutes. Samal Island right now is a lot different from what I saw many years ago. The port has been developed. The road has been cemented. Big buildings are standing and establishments are slowly getting into the city.

You will see that the city has bloomed. Even better than the place where I was born (Pikit). Tourism flocked around Samal Island during summer. And it can’t be denied that tourism really helps this small island grow. Infrastructures were seen everywhere and resorts are lining up for you to choose from.

Of course, there is the world famous Pearl Farm Beach Resort. One of the most expensive resort in the Country. I’ve never been there actually, but I am still hoping that I’d be able to step into that white sand resort soon.

From the main port of Samal going to our destination (which is Camudmod) took us around 20 - 30 minutes to travel. Upon reaching our destination, nothing beats the feeling of solitude. It’s like the best place to relax. No one is around. The place is in Barangay Camudmod (one of the many barangays in Samal). The resort is facing Lasang Davao City.



It’s actually a private resort owned by my alma matter, the Holy Cross of Davao College.



It’s not really as beautiful as Pearl Farm or Paradise but it’s worth your money.

We had a great time at the beach. In fact, it was my first time to stay and swim for hours. I didn’t mind the scorching heat of the sun as long as I will enjoy, and I had.



Of course, there is always that bruhaha around but never ever minded them. All I care is… FUN! FUN! and more FUN!



The reason for this outing is to build a stronger relationship between each staff. A stronger team that no one can beat!!



It’s been a long time since we had our team building. And it’s great that the company has thought of this. It brings closeness and camaraderie between each of us.



And from what I saw, the staff really had a great time. I think gaps between us were bridged and it brings us even closer.

So watch out you guys for a stronger LOVE RADIO 90.7 DAVAO TEAM!

Til next island hopping! See yaround!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 5:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hala nipayat na gyud diay ka dens no.... tama ra gud ang SMALL sa imo. :)

 
At May 2, 2008 at 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have gone to camudmod way back 19kupong-kupong bata pako...naa friends akong papa diha, yes the place is beautiful indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home